Archery takes its roots from hunting and battles. Today’s modern equipment can be even more powerful and accurate. Therefore rules have been introduced to make archery a safe and enjoyable sport. The rules are simple and easy to follow, and after a while they become as much of a habit as putting on a safety belt when driving a car.
Make sure you know the following (if you don’t then ask)
- Shooting line.
- Waiting line.
- Whistles, signals and FAST.
- Load only at the shooting line.
- Point only down range.
- Never shoot if anyone is in front of the shooting line.
- Never dry shoot.
- Have respect for other archers.
- Ensure that there are at least two adults present at all times.
Shooting with the Royston Heath Archery Club is a privilege which if abused will be revoked.