Sunday 22nd June 2014, shooting Windsors. This is a longer round than we normally shoot so we didn’t finish until about 4:30. Altogether twelve archers stayed on to finish the challenge and enter a score for one of the Windsors, but many others took part in the first leg and registered 252s. It was a glorious day, bright or hazy sunshine and hardly a breath of wind.
Because it was a longer round, we shot in details of 3 and 3 rather than six at a time, which made it much more comfortable for everyone. We also tried out the new target allocation sheets, where people wrote down what target/round they wanted to shoot. This seemed to meet with general approval. Also the new scheme where target and shooting line positions are marked along the ropes made things very much easier for everyone.
Because this is a round we don’t usually shoot we of course got lots of club records and personal bests, but we also got quite a few handicap improvements and two new classifications, congratulations!
- Campbell Ludlow - recurve - White 252
- Andrew Hughes - compound - Windsor 40
- Neil Brew - longbow - Albion
- Stuart Tongue - longbow - St George
- Georgina Hopwood - barebow - Windsor 50
- Andy Webb - recurve - Red 252
- Philippa Martin - compound - Windsor 50
- Guy Morrogh - recurve - Red 252
- Campbell Ludlow - outdoor recurve - 72
- Keir Morrogh - outdoor compound - 69
- Andrew Hughes - outdoor compound - 44
- William Hughes - outdoor compound - 31
- Mick Breedon - outdoor recurve - 58
- Guy Morrogh - outdoor recurve - 57
- Tegan Morrogh - outdoor recurve - 93
- Campbell Ludlow - Gents U12 recurve - White 252
- Andrew Hughes - Gents U15 compound - Windsor 40
- Neil Brew - Gents longbow - Albion
- William Hughes - Gents compound - St George
- Stuart Tongue - Gents longbow - St George
- Craig Overington - Gents recurve - Windsor 50
- Georgina Hopwood - Ladies barebow - Windsor 50
- Philippa Martin - Ladies U18 compound - Windsor 50
- Deborah Martin - Ladies recurve - Albion
- Tegan Morrogh - Ladies U12 recurve - Green 252
New or Confirmed Classifications
- Stuart Tongue - Gents longbow - Second Class
Some snaps of the proceedings.